Źródło: Grafika Google

 

A few things about mixing languages ​​while learning English.

 

Hi! Recently I watched a movie where the teacher spoke Polish and English to children. I would like to present to you my opinion on this. The lesson began with a song the children knew very well. It was evident that the children were eager to sing it and made the appropriate movements. I think this song starts every English lesson in this group. By the way, an interesting way to start classes!

A few words about the purpose of the lesson. I think the aim of the lesson was to consolidate the vocabulary with a song. Children willingly sang the song and performed the appropriate activities. Earlier, the teacher and the children recalled the words that were in the pictures. It was evident that during the song the teacher puts a lot of emphasis on individual words, thanks to which children will probably remember the vocabulary better. I found this part of the lesson interesting.

However, I didn't like the fact that the teacher used English and Polish alternately. When he explained to the children what to do, he used the Polish language. I don't think that's a good idea. The best way to teach children a foreign language is to use that language as much as possible, translate, say commands, new words. Translating new vocabulary with real objects, using simple vocabulary or similar things. Being in the natural environment of this language is the best way to learn a foreign language. The lesson should start in a foreign language, last all the time, and end in a foreign language.

Classes began with the attendance list and the rules governing the lesson. You can see that the children knew how to behave and it was not the first time for them. The main aim of the course was to learn to introduce yourself in English and use the polite phrases "Nice to meet you".

Comparing the two videos, I liked the lesson in the second video where the main goal was to learn to introduce yourself in English. It was evident that the teacher introduced a very nice atmosphere, he was able to control the children. The children were interested in the activities. I did not like the first video because the teacher mixed languages while teaching English. During my studies, I learned that the best way to learn a foreign language is the greatest contact with a new language. It was new to me, but a revolutionary new thing, and it changed my approach to learning English in young children.

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga